1. Click the apple logo on the upper left corner. Then click System Preferences.
2. Click Users & Groups in the System Preferences.
3. Select the user account you want to add or change the password for. Click on the lock to make changes, then click Change Password.
- If you are changing an existing password, enter the old password followed by the new password twice.
- If you are creating a password for the first time, leave the old password field blank followed by the new password twice.
4. Click Change Password once all of the relevant fields are completed.