Virtual Private Networking (VPN) software creates a secure, encrypted connection between your off-campus computing device (laptop, phone, tablet) and the campus network. There are two ways to connect to VPN; via the web and with a downloadable client.
- Please Note: Junos Pulse/VPN would only be used on either home devices OR on University devices that are not on UITS Managed Workstation (therefore not on Direct Access)
Directions for using VPN:
Other ways to access UConn resources:
- Direct Access to University Resources
- University laptops managed by UITS automatically have Direct Access installed on them. Therefore, they can access the Q and P drives without VPN, and do NOT need to have Junos Pulse installed.
- You may need to connect to the internet before attempting to access their drives.
- Remote Desktop
- Users can install and set up Microsoft Remote Desktop on their personal device to connect to their Windows workstation computer.
- UConn AnyWare
- AnyWare is a web-based application virtualization service that gives faculty, staff, and students remote access to university-licensed software, including P and Q drives.