There are various system requirements for installing SkyBox
System Requirements for SkyBox:
VMWare Horizon View Client Availability
The VMWare Horizon View Client is available for the following platforms:
- Windows (32/64-bit)
- Mac OS X (10.8 and newer)
- Ubuntu (32-bit 10.04 and 12.04 only
- iOS (8.0 and newer)
- Android (4.0.1 and newer)
- 1 GB RAM
- Operating Systems
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7 (Home, Professional/Business, Enterprise, Ultimate)
- 2 GB RAM
- Operating Systems:
- Mac OSX 10.8 or newer (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- 2GB RAM
- Intel-based processor
- Operating systems:
- Ubuntu 10.04 or 12.04 (32-bit)
SkyBox is available in the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Navigate to skybox.uconn.edu.
- Click on Install SkyBox on the top of the screen, which will bring you to the Getting Started page.
- Select Download VMware Horizon Client under the Windows section (64-bit is recommended, but if your computer is 32-bit you will need to download the 32-bit)
- Click Download, and save the installer.
- Run the installer. Click Yes when asked.
- The installer will open a command prompt window, and will let you know when it has finished installing.
- Open VMWare Horizon View Client. Under Connection Server, type in view.skybox.uconn.edu and click Connect.
- Enter the your NetID and NetID password and click Login. To access the Engineering- or Business-specific SkyBoxes, select the desired one in the Domain dropdown. Make sure to use your Engineering or Business logon. Your general NetID logon will not work to access these specific SkyBox domains.
- Select SkyBox, and click Connect. The desktop will load shortly.
1. Navigate to skybox.uconn.edu.
2. Click on Install SkyBox on the top of the screen, which will bring you to the Getting Started page.
3. Select Download VMware Horizon Client for Mac under the Mac section.
4. Click Download, and save the installer.
5. Double-click to open the .dmg. Click Agree to continue the installation.
6. Drag the VMWare Horizon View Client to the Applications
8. You may be prompted to start the remote desktop USB and printing services. If you are prompted and wish to start these services, click Continue. You will be prompted to enter the administrator password for the computer.
9. Enter the your NetID and NetID password and click Continue. To access the Engineering- or Business-specific SkyBoxes, select the desired one in the Domain dropdown. Make sure you use your Engineering or Business logon. Your general NetID logon will not work to access these specific SkyBox. 10. Double-click the SkyBox server to connect. The desktop should open shortly.
1. Navigate to the Google Playstore on your device and install the “VMware Horizon Client”
2. Open the application once it is done installing.
3. For the Server Name, type in view.skybox.uconn.edu. You do not need to include a description.
4. Click Connect
4. Use your NetID credentials as the username and password.
5. Select the Skybox icon
7. The Windows 7 desktop will then load on your screen.
8. In order to log off, click the three vertical dots on the upper right hand corner. Then select Disconnect.
1. Navigate to the Apple Store on your device and install the VMware Horizon Client.
2. Open the application. Type in view.skybox.uconn.edu as the server name. You do not have to include a description. Then select Add server.
3. Use your NetID credentials as the username and password. Then select Connect.
4. Click on the Skybox icon.
5. This will open the Windows 7 desktop on your device.