This article explains how to manually add UCONN-SECURE on a Windows computer.
Typically, UCONN-SECURE will automatically show up as an available Wi-Fi network. Once you click on it, you should be able to access it by simply entering your NetID and NetID password.
1. Click on the Wi-fi button on the lower right hand corner of your screen.
2. Select Network Settings.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the window that just came up and select Network and Sharing Center.
4. Select Set up a new connection or network.
5. Select Manually connect to a wireless network.
6. Click Next.
7. Type in the following information:
8. Click Next.
9. Click the Wi-Fi symbol in the lower right hand corner of your screen.
10. Click on UCONN-SECURE. Then click Connect.
11. You will be asked to log in. Use your NetID as the username and your NetID password as the password.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Network & Internet > Network and Sharing Center
2. Select Set up a connection or network.
3. Select Manually connect to a wireless network. Then click Next.
4. Select Set up a connection or network.
Network name: UCONN-SECURE
Security type: WPA2-Enterprise.
Encryption type: AES
Start this connection automatically: Checked
5. Double click: Change connection settings.
6. The UCONN-SECURE Wireless Network properties window will open. On the Connection Tab:
Check Connect automatically when this network is in range.
Uncheck Connect to a more preferred network if available.
Uncheck Connect even if network is not broadcasting.
Check Enable WLAN connection settings.
7. Click the Security tab, and then click Settings.
8. The Protected EAP properties window will open.
Select Validate server certificate: Checked
Trusted Root Certification Authorities: Select USerTrust RSA Certification Authority, AddTrust-External
Authentication Method: Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
9. Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any).
10. Click OK through all of the windows.
11. Click on the balloon that appears near the system tray.
12. Enter the following in the window that pops up:
User Name: NetID
Password: NetID Password
13. After a few moments you should be connected the UCONN-SECURE wireless network.