Changing NetID password
1. Navigate to netid.uconn.edu.
2. Click on Change Password on the right side of the page.
3. Sign in using your NetID and current password.
4. Enter your current password. Following the password complexity rules, enter your new password in the appropriate fields, and click Change Password at the bottom of the page. You will receive a confirmation message.
Resetting NetID password using password recovery options
1. Navigate to netid.uconn.edu.
2. Select Reset.
3. Enter your NetID and your date of birth and click Continue.
4. Choose the Password Recovery Options you previously set: Email, Text , or Secret Questions & Answers and follow the instructions to reset your password.
Setting up password recovery options
1. Navigate to http://netid.uconn.edu.
2. Hover your cursor over “NetID Tools” at the top of the page, and then click the third option down, Set Password Recovery Options.
Secret Questions & Answers
1. Click Set Secret Questions and Answers.
2. Click the white downwards arrow to open up the drop down menu for Question 1, and select the question of your choice.
3. Enter the answer to the question in the Answer 1 field.
4. Repeat the previous step for Question 2 & 3. All 3 questions are required.
5. Click Submit Questions and Answers to complete the process. You will be returned to the NetID home page if the questions have been successfully set up.
1. Enter a personal email address (not your @uconn.edu) in the “Secondary Email Address” field, and click Save Changes.
2. Log in to the email account provided and open the email from firstname.lastname@example.org. The email will provide a verification code you will need to copy or write down.
3. Enter the verification code into the field provided on the NetID website and click Submit, which will complete the process.
4. You will be returned to the Password Recovery page if the process completes successfully, where you will see a new option to remove the current email address listed.
1. Enter your mobile number in the corresponding field.
2. Click on the white downwards arrow to open up the drop down menu and select your carrier.
3. Click Save Changes.
4. Open the text on your phone, and retrieve the verification code.
5. Back in your browser, enter the verification code into the field provided and click Submit to complete the process.
6. You will be returned to the Password Recovery page if the process completes successfully, where you will see a new option to remove the current phone number listed.
7. Note: you must use a cell phone serviced by one of the listed carriers. If your carrier isn’t listed, enter a different cell number if you have one, or select another password recovery option.
Copy-paste is the preferred method for entering the verification code when setting up the email password recovery option. If you enter the verification code manually for either the cell or email options and get an error message, it may be because the current verification codes contains ambiguous characters (such as ‘0’ (number zero) or ‘O’ (upper-case letter ‘O’), or ‘1’ (number one) or ‘l’ (lower-case letter ‘L’). In that case, when manually entering the code use the alternate character to what you entered previously.