You must be on the UCONN Network, if you are not you will have to connect to the UCONN Network using the University’s VPN Client.
Mapping a Q: drive on a Mac
- Open the Go menu of Finder.
- Select Connect to Server.
- Enter “smb://grove.ad.uconn.edu/efs” in the server address field.
Mapping a Q: drive and Retaining Connection Settings
- Click on Finder > Preferences >check the “Connected Servers” checkbox.
- Close the Finder Preferences window.
- On your keyboard hold down the command key and then press the k key.
- In the “Server Address” bar, type in: “smb://grove.ad.uconn.edu/efs”
- Click Connect.
- At the credentials screen:
- Connect as: Registered User.
- Name: Net ID.
- Password: Net ID Password.
- If you do not want to enter your Password every time you access the Q: drive be sure to check the box called Remember this password in my keychain.
- The efs window will pop up, close it for now.
- A drive called efs will appear on your desktop.
- Hold down the control key and then click on the efs drive.
- Click on Make Alias.
- An icon call efs alias will appear on your desktop.
- Hold down the control key and click on the efs alias.
- Click on Get Info.
- Click on Name & Extension.
- Change name from efs alias to Q.
- Hold down the control key and click on the efs drive.
- Click on Eject efs.
- To access your Q: drive from here on simply click on the Q icon.