Downloading Office for Mac requires a few different steps than downloading it for a Windows computer. The product key, although still important to note, is rarely used to verify the purchase. There are two different ways to download it successfully:
1. Navigate to uconn.onthehub.com.
2. Enter your NetID credentials and click Login.
3. Once you log in, you will see the screen below. Select Office for Mac 2016.
4. Read the description to make sure that your computer fits the system requirements and that you fit the eligibility. If you do, select Add to Cart.
5. Scroll up and select Shopping Cart at the top right of the screen. Office for Mac 2016 should be the only program listed.
6. Select Check Out.
7. Write down the Agreement & Enrollment Numbers for later. Read the Microsoft Student Option User Acceptance Form and sign your Username and Signature.
8. Verify the information listed and select Proceed With Order.
9. Write down the Product Key for later and select Download.
10. You will need to create a Microsoft account to use this product. This account is run and monitored by Microsoft and is different than your normal UConn credentials. When you are finished, click Download and the installer will begin downloading.
1. Open the .pkg installer in your Downloads folder after you have finished downloading from UConn OnTheHub.
2. The Microsoft Office installer will launch. Click Continue.
3. Click Continue and Agree at the license section.
4. Select Install for all users of this computer.
5. Click Install. After inputting your computer password, Microsoft Office 2016 will begin installing.
6. Open one of the Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and sign in with your Microsoft account to activate.
7. You are ready to use Microsoft Office 2016.
Using your UConn Email Address
If you do not wish to make a Microsoft Live account, you may download the latest version of Office by using your UConn email address and NetID password.
- Go to office365.uconn.edu.
- Click the blue button on the right that says Login to the Office365 Portal.
- Log in with your full UConn email address (email@example.com) and your NetID Password.
- In the top right corner, click the button that says Install Office 2016.
- You should then go through the Microsoft Installer, as seen in the steps above.
- When asked to log in, you will log in again with your UConn email address and NetID Password.
- Your account will now be set up with your UConn email address, so you can access your OneDrive files on any computer or by logging into the Office365 portal.
Uninstalling Microsoft Office 2016:
1. Enter the Applications folder.
2. Open the Microsoft Office folder > Additional Tools > Remove Office.
3. The Uninstaller will launch.
4. Click continue and all components of Microsoft Office will be uninstalled.
If you are experiencing issues fully uninstalling Office 2016, you may check Microsoft’s support article on troubleshooting this procedure.
keywords: Installing Microsoft Office, Using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office, Office, Installing Office, Using Office, Mac 2016, Installing Office Mac 2016, Using Office Mac 2016, Installing Microsoft Office Mac 2016, Using Microsoft Office Mac 2016, Downloading Microsoft Office 2016, Uninstalling Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Office 2016